Shoe Review: Adidas AdiZero Mana 6: The Little Racer That Can


This is my first racer shoe (I have two and the other review will come at a later time).  I have never had a racer shoe.  I have used my training shoes for all my races until I bought this one and the Brooks ST5s.  I was initially reticent to try racer shoes because of the lack of support they have (to be able to make them so light) and I do need support and I pronate a little (ankle sprains are common with me). So, with much trepidation, I gave these shoes a try.

I have done two races with them.  The first one was a 10K (the Turkey Trot) and a 5K (South Florida Fair 5K).  Both races have been my best races since the asthma diagnosis.  Obviously most of the improvement comes from the medication but a little comes from the use of a lighter shoe.

A few thoughts on this racer:


  • Good for 5Ks and 10Ks - Both races went well and I had no issues with the support provided by this shoe.
  • Not necessarily good for HMs or Marathons - I took these shoes for a pace run prior to the Disney Goofy Challenge (with the idea of using it for the half marathon portion).  I did 7 miles, the longest I've done with the shoes.  My feet ended up very tired.  The PF was sore.  I felt the shoe had no support.  So, although good for 5Ks and 10Ks, I don't think these are good for HMs or marathons for people like me (other people use them for marathons and have no problem whatsoever).


Overall, this shoe is a pretty good racing shoe.  While I have another racer shoe, this is the shoe I'm going to be using for short races from now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheers to the New Year 5K

10K at Fort Ben/Gobblers Jog 5K - Dealing with a Weird Injury and the London Marathon

Damaris' NYCM (FE and Race Report)