Chicago Marathon Training Week 2

This week I felt more like my old self.  I am still behind on the paces but getting there.  All my runs felt great, even through the horrible heat and humidity that has been here for what seems like forever.  The weather is still hideous and it makes me think Summer is never going to end but some days show me that the 90s (rather than the 100s) are just a day or two away. Or so I hope!

The heat and humidity on Monday left me a bit disappointed and I was expecting treadmill runs every day (Monday being one of them), but fortunately it rained most afternoons which lowered the heat indexes from 100-107F every day to something in the 90s (and way more manageable).  So, I was able to run every run outside except for Monday's.

This week was also my second straight week doing at least 4 days of cross training.  The two private Pilates sessions I am taking a week are a given, but the other two days I wanted to add were done and with great success.  I used to leave cross training on the wayside when the miles keep increasing, so I hope I am successful this time around in keeping all four days for as long as I can.  The only bad news is that I have had no time to ride my bike in the last two weeks (due to the rain).  But the rains will be gone soon and I cannot wait to ride my bike at least once a week, if not more.

I got new shoes this week!  I have not tried them but I am looking forward to running in the new Hoka Huakas and the new Saucony Ride 7s.  This will be a great week to take them out for a spin.  Will write a review some time this week.

The total miles for this week was 46mpw and not only were they strong miles, but also faster than last week.  Little by little I am getting back to where I want to be post surgery.

Which reminds me this week was my sixth month post surgery.  It is very nice not to be running in pain all the time.  Score!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheers to the New Year 5K

10K at Fort Ben/Gobblers Jog 5K - Dealing with a Weird Injury and the London Marathon

DTR Endurance 50K: In Which Docket Finally Runs an Ultra