Choosing a Marathon Training Program

I am not a person that's undecided about every single decision. In fact, I tend to make decisions pretty quickly. However, choosing a marathon training program has me undecided two weeks out of starting.

And I guess the indecision comes from the fact that this would be my first marathon. I respect the distance, I fear it somewhat, but yet, here I am attempting what I thought was impossible for me. A MARATHON! Wow, the first time I said it out loud, I was like: "since when did you decide to do a marathon?" I never thought I would be able to run 5 miles at once least of all 26.2. But then, I started training for my first half marathon and within 3 months, I had done 4 half marathons. I now run 12-14 milers every Sunday. But yet, I still feel that I'm not ready. I wonder whether every marathoner experienced this on their first marathon.

So, here I am, two weeks before starting marathon training and I'm still looking...or procrastinating. Take your pick.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheers to the New Year 5K

Damaris' NYCM (FE and Race Report)

10K at Fort Ben/Gobblers Jog 5K - Dealing with a Weird Injury and the London Marathon