Day 4 of Marathon 1 Training

Today I had a 6 miles, 4 @ tempo scheduled. I knew it would be hard because is hot as Hades and I'm catching a cold. But at least I wanted to try.

Here are the stats:

Weight: 165
Temps: 89F
Felt Like: 95F
Humidity: 54%
Dew Point: 71
Pounds Lost: 1 lb.
Goal Pace: 9:23mm - 9:53mm
Actual Pace: 9:36mm

I did my warm up mile and all was well. However, I noticed I was out of breath at the end. I like that I chicked a guy who was surprised I passed him. He tried to pass me several times but since I was running easy it was very "easy" to push a little and kick him to the curb.

I knew my chest is a little congested but I still wanted to see how the pace would feel. One of the girls from the running group was running an easy 3 at around my tempo pace, so she accompanied me. At mile 2 I told her to go ahead because I was going to stop. I coughed like 7 times during the 2 miles, I could barely breathe. So I went to car and hydrated. Rested for a bit and started to run at easy pace. The first mile was horrible. I debated whether to just finish 4 and go home. But at the end of Mile 4 something happened. The sky was darker, the temps were lower, the body just felt wonderful, so I finish great and in high spirits. Too bad I could not finish the full tempo but I know I can do it once the hot temps and the cold have gone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Car Accident and Surgery is Needed...

Chicago Marathon RR

The Star Wars Dark Side Challenge (10K & HM) RR: A Wedding, Friends, and Some Running in Between