Day 1 of Marathon 1 Training


Today I started marathon training for my first marathon (Nov. 28). My first run was done in the morning, since I had to travel to Atlanta to take the bar exam. So, it was too humid to even attempt it but you know me, stubborn Damaris!

Here are the stats:

Weight: 166
Temps: 83-86F
Felt Like: 91-97F
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 77
Pounds Lost: 2 lbs.
Goal Pace: 10:56mm - 11:26mm
Actual Pace: 11:49mm

That picture is how I looked afterwards. Those pants and shirt were not as dark as they seem now, LOL.

Overall, a slow run but I finished. In this heat, that's what's important. I carried my Nathan Handheld 20oz bottle and drank as if I were doing my long run (at every mile). It was not enough. I had to stop at Mile 5 and 6 just to breathe. By the end of the run it was 86F at 8:30am so that's understandable.

I definitely like running in the afternoons better. Although hotter, the humidity is lower so the run feels better.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheers to the New Year 5K

DTR Endurance 50K: In Which Docket Finally Runs an Ultra

10K at Fort Ben/Gobblers Jog 5K - Dealing with a Weird Injury and the London Marathon