A Forced Double

Today I had a 9 miler planned. Since the gardener was supposed to fix our trees and stuff and he said he would be here by 8am, I prepared myself to run at 8am. Well, he arrived at 9:45 and I left the house at 10. It was already 79-80F even though it was 67 at 8am.

I did very well; ankle still bothered me from time to time but otherwise I was doing well and on pace. Then, I stopped by the house at mile 5 to drink some Gatorade and I started again. By then, I could feel it was very hot and got nauseous at Mile 6. Since I knew that could mean dehydration (thanks to the sun being at its zenith and no clouds on the horizon), I headed back home. Finished 6.60.

My stomach was blah all day and my ankle hurt more. But I went out at 6pm to finish the run. The 2.40 miles were not fast (long run pace) but at least they are done.

Tomorrow's run is a 16 miler. We will see how the ankle behaves. Icing it tonight and watching it tomorrow to see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheers to the New Year 5K

Damaris' NYCM (FE and Race Report)

10K at Fort Ben/Gobblers Jog 5K - Dealing with a Weird Injury and the London Marathon