The Mid-Runs Are Lengthening

Today, two days after my second 20 miler, I had an 11 miler scheduled. I was not sure I would be able to run it on pace (I knew I would finish notwithstanding) but I actually did.

The run started with me already tired from work and from waking up all through the night. I had some pasta for lunch (which is my usual lunch any way), and I had some cereal and OJ before heading outside. It was raining, and I do not run in the rain, but since this week is a pretty tough one, I did not want to take my only other rest day already and have back to back runs all the way through Sunday.

So, off I go to the park to meet my running group in the rain. I meet with some and do some loops at the park until they close the park. I had one of the Crank gels halfway through the run and ran back home. By the time I left the park I was doing a great pace (easy pace) and I did not seem to slow down much.

I finished near home and walk a bit to stretch.

Overall, a successful run.

Now if I can repeat the 11 miler tomorrow I'll be happy, because that's my schedule for tomorrow too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheers to the New Year 5K

10K at Fort Ben/Gobblers Jog 5K - Dealing with a Weird Injury and the London Marathon

DTR Endurance 50K: In Which Docket Finally Runs an Ultra