Day 28 - The End of Cutback Week

Today I had an 8 miler scheduled as the long run for the week, being a cutback week. I've not felt my best throughout the week and my energy has been kind of down. I'm still fighting a cold that seems never to run away and a dry cough that came in last November, left in April, and came back last month. My husband (he's a doctor) had warned me that this type of cough comes back again and again without cure or explanation and he was right. Sometimes it bothers me while I run, but most of the time it's just there.

Temps have been quite cooler lately (since it's been thundering and raining the whole weekend). By cool I mean 83 (feels like 93) versus 90 (feels like 103). My pace really felt it today.

Goal Pace: 10:56 - 11:56mm
Actual Pace: 11:25mm
Temp: 83F
Heat Index: 93F
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 77F

Overall, a nice pace that makes me hopeful that when the temps finally come down, I'll be pacing all right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheers to the New Year 5K

10K at Fort Ben/Gobblers Jog 5K - Dealing with a Weird Injury and the London Marathon

DTR Endurance 50K: In Which Docket Finally Runs an Ultra