Day 9: Week 2 Has Begun

Week 2 of marathon training has begun. Yesterday was a rest day and I took advantage of that and scheduled an 80 minute massage. After the bar exam and the stress of late, I wanted to relax and let all my soreness (mental and physical) go away. It was heaven.

Today was a hectic day. I was in Court all day, but Court was in West Palm Beach, which means a 2-hour drive each way. So, I've been in high heels and on the run since 7am. It was supposed to rain today so I was also scared that the run had to be postponed. But after 6pm the sun came out and the heat came back in force.

I finally decided to buy the heart rate monitor for my Garmin 405. I don't run based on heart rate but I wanted to see how many calories I burn with each run. What I found was a surprise (I was burning more than I thought).

Here are the stats:

Weight: 166
Temps: 89F
Felt Like: 97F
Humidity: 70%
Dew Point: 75
Pounds Lost: 2 lbs.
Goal Pace: 10:56mm - 11:26mm
Actual Pace: 11:22mm
Average HR: 158

I ran a great pace, although the first 3 miles were slow as molasses (more than usual).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Car Accident and Surgery is Needed...

Chicago Marathon RR

The Star Wars Dark Side Challenge (10K & HM) RR: A Wedding, Friends, and Some Running in Between