One Week From Marathon # 2

I'm going to do some rambling about this time period.  As you may have read, I finished my first marathon on December 5, 2010.  It was horrible, I was sick, I could barely run and I walked a LOT.  I finished and recovered quickly.  Although my training went great, I felt I needed to do something to restart my training.  So, I switched my eating habits, and went to the chiro to take care of the back issues.

I've not done much training (compared to the previous training session).  I was supposed to do the ING half but instead switched to the full two weeks ago, which cut my training by 3 weeks.  However, the training has been good and of good quality.  I've done one 16 miler, 1 18 miler, 1 20 miler, a half marathon, a 5K, and a 10K race (both new PRs and the 5K a first AG).  I've lost 12 pounds and I feel great.  I've also added cross training, weights, yoga and pilates to my weeks to take care of the back and it has worked very well.  Overall, I could not be running better.

So, why do I still feel scared?  I knew I could have run the West Palm Beach Marathon if I'd been healthy.  Yet, I didn't.  I know I can finish and I know I can do well, but I just hope I don't catch a cold on Thursday or something.  I've hardly told people about me doing this marathon because for some reason I feel superstitious, after Marathon # 1.

I'm ready, I know it.  I've been ready since December 4, 2010.  I just need to start believing in myself again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Car Accident and Surgery is Needed...

Chicago Marathon RR

The Star Wars Dark Side Challenge (10K & HM) RR: A Wedding, Friends, and Some Running in Between