Day 39 - A Bad Run

It was bound to happen. With all these great runs, one was bound to be bad. I had a 7 miler scheduled today with 3 mile repeats. Since I'm doing a 16 miler tomorrow and this speedwork was supposed to be on Thursday, I did not want to damage my long run by running too fast.

I started with 1.50 miles of warmup, then I did 3 miles @ GMP (10:21mm). By then, the wheels fell off. My stomach was hurting, I had no energy, and it was HOT. The temps went up considerably compared to the previous days, but I did not realize how much until the middle of the GMP run. I finished 1.50 miles cooldown and cut the run short. Too many issues.

So, considering all the issues, I was glad I did the 3 miles on pace. I could barely hold on between the stomach, the heat, etc.

Now off to hydrate for tomorrow's 16 miler.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheers to the New Year 5K

10K at Fort Ben/Gobblers Jog 5K - Dealing with a Weird Injury and the London Marathon

Damaris' NYCM (FE and Race Report)