Tapering Continues

Tapering continues and it's already driving me nuts. I did 6 miles yesterday. 6!!!!!! I have not done sick in months (except during my sickness days). I added weights and core because I felt like such a slacker.

Today I did my long run since I won't be able to run it on Sunday as usual. 12 awesome miles in 2:15. That's the fastest I've run long runs this season. I'm sore though and because I won't be able to run Friday through Sunday, I'm supposed to do 6 tomorrow morning. Help!

Comments

  1. Just wait until you're only one week away from the race, and you're running four and three milers! Then you'll remember what a short run really is. Ha! It's a necessary part of training, though, Damaris. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow down and let the tapering work. You'll need all that energy for the big race. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cheers to the New Year 5K

10K at Fort Ben/Gobblers Jog 5K - Dealing with a Weird Injury and the London Marathon

Damaris' NYCM (FE and Race Report)