Still Sick

I feel better but I'm definitely not 100%.

I had scheduled a 5K race on Saturday as a tune up race, being that my last 5K was before marathon training started (July 4th). It was a disaster. Not really, but I definitely did not run on pace. My chest was all tight, my HR was up, and I even walked part of Miles 2 and 3. My PR is 27:51 and this was was 30:42 (one of my worst).

So I knew coming into this Sunday's 20 miler that I may not be able to run 20 miles. I did not. I cut it at 15 and I walked part of Miles 14 and 15. The body is still tired from work, sickness, etc. Hopefully I'll be back on track by next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheers to the New Year 5K

Damaris' NYCM (FE and Race Report)

10K at Fort Ben/Gobblers Jog 5K - Dealing with a Weird Injury and the London Marathon