Day 3 of Marathon 1 Training

Day 2 of marathon training consisted of a rest day. I was in GA taking the bar exam, and after the exam, all I wanted to do was have a couple of beers and relax. So that's what I did.

So, today, I had another easy 7 miler scheduled. I traveled back home today and felt a little sick (I am catching a cold), so I was not sure how the run would go.

I waited until 7pm because the temperatures were horrible and even then this is what I had to deal with:

Weight: 166
Temps: 90F
Felt Like: 96F
Humidity: 54%
Dew Point: 71
Pounds Lost: 2 lbs.
Goal Pace: 10:56mm - 11:26mm
Actual Pace: 11:15mm

You can see how much difference humidity makes, since my run on Monday was in cooler temperatures but 30% more in humidity and I was pacing at 30 seconds per mile slower than this run. I'm very happy with my performance today; no chest or nose issues related to the cold. I'm sorer than usual but with the temps its understandable; every warm run makes me sorer than a cold run.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheers to the New Year 5K

10K at Fort Ben/Gobblers Jog 5K - Dealing with a Weird Injury and the London Marathon

Damaris' NYCM (FE and Race Report)