Questioning My Decision to Run a Marathon

I decided to run my first marathon in November of this year. I've been running pretty consistently at 45-50 mpw for the last 3-4 months and I have been running 12-14 miler long runs every weekend. Then, a month and a half ago everything fell apart. My 13 and 14 milers bunked at 8, 10, or something in between. I thought it was the heat but I've been pretty well hydrated throughout. I thought it was the fuel and that can still be it, but I doubt it.

I think it's all the stress from the GA Bar, work, and the move to Orlando that did not pan out. All the phone calls, issues, arrangements, etc. I think that's it.

Or at least I hope because, otherwise, I am not ready to do the marathon. But my previous training says otherwise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheers to the New Year 5K

10K at Fort Ben/Gobblers Jog 5K - Dealing with a Weird Injury and the London Marathon

Damaris' NYCM (FE and Race Report)